Success Starts With Planning
The sooner you begin planning your party the more time you will have to get everything done. Get your printer ready to print this schedule. It will help get you organized and well on your way to getting everything done without losing your mind. (Hey, a mind is a terrible thing to waste.)
FOUR TO SIX WEEKS BEFORE THE PARTY
1) Make a guest list
2) Make a tentative schedule of party activities
3) Decide which decorations and favors to make and which to buy
4) List all supplies needed
5) Plan the party menu
6) Contract the Silly Magician (But you knew that.)
TWO TO THREE WEEKS BEFORE THE PARTY
1) Make/buy invitations.
2) Mail or drop off invitations.
3) Buy party supplies.
4) Start making party decorations and favors.
5) Order cake from the bakery if you’re not making your own. )There are some great ideas for magic-themed baked goods on Pinterest.)
6) Arrange for extra help.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE PARTY
1) Finish decorations and favors.
2) Confirm any orders placed for cake and/or party supplies.
3) Bake cake and freeze it, if making your own cake.
4) Make any other foods that can be made ahead of time and store in the freezer.
5) Write out a final schedule of activities for the party.
TWO-THREE DAYS BEFORE THE PARTY
1) Buy remaining food for the party.
2) Check batteries for cameras, flash units and/or camcorders.
3) Get an exact guest count. Tally responses and call those who haven’t responded.
ONE DAY BEFORE THE PARTY
1) Finish decorating the cake or pick up that cake from the bakery. (To keep cake fresh, insert toothpicks along the perimeter and in middle section of the cake, 1/2″ deep. Cover loosely with foil or plastic wrap. Place in refrigerator.)
2) Child-proof party area.
3) Decorate any indoor areas of the party. (Do not decorate outside area until the day of the party. Overnight weather can damage decorations.)
4) Prepare all “Do-Ahead” food.
THE DAY OF THE PARTY
1) Prepare the rest of the food.
2) Decorate outside party area.
3) Mark the outside of the house or the party area with balloons or a sign.
4) Keep your schedule of party activities handy.